In addition to the Gala Dinner, which is included in the registration fees of all registered delegates and accompanying persons, various social and cultural events and sightseeing tours will be made available to the attendees.
Ankara is the capital city of Turkey and the second largest city in the country after Istanbul. It is located at the heart of both Turkey and Central Anatolia. The city is an important commercial and industrial city, and it also houses the Turkish government, and all foreign embassies.
- Anıtkabir: The mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, completed in 1953. A museum nearby displays a large collection of Atatürk memorabilia and paraphernalia
- Ankara Ethnography Museum: a museum of ethnography dedicated to the cultures Turkish civilizations.
- Museum of Anatolian Civilizations: Considered one of the best museums of Turkey, it displays artifacts from Asia Minor/Anatolian civilizations. The oldest artifacts on display date back to the Paleolithic era.
- State Art and Sculpture Museum: Hosts galleries with temporary exhibitions as well as a permanent display of Turkish art from the late 1800s to the present.
- Cer Modern: The recently-opened modern art museum of the city, Cer Modern is housed in the historic power plant building of Turkish Railways.
- War of Independence Museum: This was originally the first building which hosted the Parliament of the Republic of Turkey and from where the War of Independence, fought in 1921-22 was directed, as evidenced by photographs and other items in the display. Waxworks of former Turkish presidents are also on display.
- TCDD Open Air Steam Locomotive Museum: An open-air railroad museum, which traces the history of steam locomotives.
- Çengelhan Rahmi Koç Museum: This museum, housed in an old Ottoman caravanserai, displays technological progress from the 1850s onwards. The museum contains various curios and collectibles including model trains to model sewing machines.
- Ankara Aviation Museum: Various aircrafts, aviation items, and missiles are exhibitied, as well as a number of MiGs from the other side of the Iron Curtain.
- METU Science and Technology Museum: Established within the campus of the Middle East Technical University, the museum aims to present the modern technological tools as well as technological past of Turkey.
- MTA Museum of Natural History: This Natural History Museum can be found on the grounds of the MTA (Mineral Research and Exploration Institute of Turkey). The Museum, founded in 1935 under Atatürk’s directives, has displays of paleontology, mineralogy, petrognaphy and physical geology.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL REMAINS AND LANDMARKS
- Roman Theatre
- Temple of Augustus
- Roman Bath